Physiotherapy services of an orthopedic nature are offered at Pursuit Physiotherapy. Orthopedic means pertaining to the skeletal system which involves the muscles, joints, nerves, bones and connective tissues. Physiotherapists are experts in movement and strive for the optimal balance in these systems. Your problem may be causing you pain, preventing you from doing things you need to do, or you may just be aware that your body is not working at its best.
We deal with injuries in the acute (fresh new injuries occurring in the past few days), subacute (first few weeks healing), and chronic (more than a few weeks) stages.
Some examples of orthopedic injuries that may benefit from physiotherapy are:
- Joint and ligament sprains
- Muscle strains; muscle tears
- Neck and back injuries, spinal injuries
- Tendonitis, tenosynovitis (eg, Achilles tendonitis, tennis elbow)
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sports injuries
- Fractures/Broken bones
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Temperomandibular (TMJ) joint dysfunction
- Pre and Post surgery rehabilitation
Contact Our Clinic
Physiotherapists in Alberta are primary caregivers in our health care system.
You do not need a doctor’s referral.